PROCUREMENT CONTINUITY PLAN
including the purchasing department
are currently closed to the public
- Staff is available during normal business hours by telephone and email. You are welcome to contact us using the directory to the right.
- We are not available for vendor visits or cold calls.
- Bid opening procedures have been amended to best practices accepted by the Office of the Attorney General and Office of the Inspector General. Bid openings will be held live via GoToMeeting and all plan holders will be provided a link prior to the opening. A link for viewing by the general public will be posted within the solicitation description itself.
- Pre-bid and pre-proposal briefings will be held via GoToMeeting and all plan holders will be provided a link prior to the briefing.
- Pre-bid site visits/walkthroughs are being held. Instructions will be found within the specific bid as to the applicable procedure.
- Bid documents continue to be available under "Current Solicitations" tab when issued. Plan holders will be kept informed via email using the registered plan holder list.
- Please email us or call during normal business hours with any questions, concerns, or to address solicitation schedules. Staff will respond to inquiries as quickly as possible.
We appreciate your patience and understanding as we navigate this unprecedented event, and we are committed to continue providing transparency and efficient operations. Be safe and be well.
The Purchasing Department is a centralized agency supporting and providing assistance to all City personnel to acquire goods, services, and contracts necessary to conduct City business. The primary goal of the Purchasing Department is to assure that City Department requirements are met in a cost effective and timely manner, and to receive quality goods, services, materials, and labor, while obtaining maximum competition whenever possible.
Purchasing, under the supervision of the Chief Procurement Officer (CPO) oversees all procurement activities and related contract preparation. The Procurement Team monitors compliance with applicable procurement laws, prepares and executes contracts and purchase orders, and maintains records of vendor performance.
The Purchasing Department also oversees the City Print Shop which is committed to producing quality printed materials, in a cost effective manner, for use of City personnel and departments, and for distribution to residents, taxpayers, businesses and visitors to the City.
The City views the relationships with its vendors, suppliers, and contractors as a business partnership where all parties are expected to coordinate and combine talents, ideas and actions in order to produce superior results for the citizens and taxpayers of the City of 银河娱乐app娱乐app.
The Procurement Team strives for open and fair competition, while maintaining goodwill with those interested in doing business with the City. It is our mission to be as transparent as possible, and to do business in a manner that preserves the public trust and is in the best interest of our residents and taxpayers.
THE FOLLOWING 银河娱乐app下载SSACHUSETTS GENERAL LAWS REGULATE PROCUREMENT ACTIVITIES:
- c.30B - Supplies and Services, Real Property, Surplus Equipment
- c.30,39m - Public Works Construction
- c.149 - Building Construction
- c.7C, §§44-57 - Design Services
THE FOLLOWING THRESHOLDS DICTATE THE TYPE OF PROCUREMENT THAT OCCURS:
- Less than $10,000 - Sound Business Practices
- $10,000 to $50,000 - Formal Quote Process
- $50,000 or more - Sealed Bid (IFB) or Proposal Process (RFP)
The City may opt to employ a more restrictive and competitive process when it feels such a process is in the City’s best interest.